Supporting planning & keyworking skills
Build strong relationships with your clients and provide effective support
As a keyworker you want to provide the best individual care for your clients and carry out effective assessment and support planning. You need to know how to motivate your clients to achieve their personal goals and understand how to advocate on their behalf. You also need to know how to improve communication between your colleagues and clients and contribute to service improvement.
This training will help you to carry out keywork effectively within the mission and objectives of your organisation.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to update their skills.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Know how to begin, build and conclude a successful keyworking relationship
- Understand how to manage professional boundaries in keywork
- Know how to run a keyworking session or interview
- Understand team roles within a keyworking system
- Be able to evaluate your own skills as a keyworker and understand the knowledge and skills required to deliver keyworking effectively
- Know about the principles of successful assessment and support planning
- Know how to communicate effectively with clients and provide constructive feedback
- Know how to evidence outcomes
- Have a personal action plan to help you get going after the course
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
Enjoyable and informative course, content delivered at a relaxed pace, also good fun! ThanksIn-House session, St Paul's Hostel