A briefing for services about the particular issues affecting women who are homeless, and what sevices can do to respond to their needs. Includes a resource list and details of specialist agencies.
Women Experiencing Homelessness
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who work with women.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand how gender and trauma Informed practice can be integrated into existing ways of operating.
- Understand how to support women sleeping rough and in services to stay safe.
- Understand what support can be given around domestic abuse, and sexual violence or exploitation.
- Learn about provision of support for women experiencing multiple disadvantage including mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Learn about how to support women around pregnancy and contact with children.
- Understand how to develop more opportunities for women such as peer support networks.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £850 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Associate members face to face: £970 plus Trainer expenses
Associate members online: £970 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,200 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses
Share this page
Smashing, excellent training run by a very knowledgeable and experienced trainer, thank you!Delegate, at 18th May session
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
8 Oct 2020 - 9:00am
27 Jul 2020 - 9:00am
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm