A briefing for services about the particular issues affecting women who are homeless, and what sevices can do to respond to their needs. Includes a resource list and details of specialist agencies.
Women Experiencing Homelessness
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who work with women.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand how gender and trauma Informed practice can be integrated into existing ways of operating.
- Understand how to support women sleeping rough and in services to stay safe.
- Understand what support can be given around domestic abuse, and sexual violence or exploitation.
- Learn about provision of support for women experiencing multiple disadvantage including mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Learn about how to support women around pregnancy and contact with children.
- Understand how to develop more opportunities for women such as peer support networks.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
Smashing, excellent training run by a very knowledgeable and experienced trainer, thank you!Delegate, at 18th May session
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am
5 Jun 2019 - 11:44am