Recruiting and Managing Volunteers
Check your diary
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at staff and managers who are new to volunteer management.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Ensure that volunteer involvement leads to evidenced outcomes which can be used to develop the effectiveness of the service (e.g. to funders, in SP reviews and in CQC inspections)
- Learn from examples of good practice so that you can involve volunteers in a meaningful way
- Develop appropriate stategies, processes and procedures involve volunteers
- Develop a sustainable volunteer program in your organisation
- Get your colleagues enthusiastic about involving volunteers
- Understand the legal issues involved in recruiting volunteers
- Ensure that volunteering adds value to your service and to client outcomes
- Appropriately recruit, induct, manage, develop and retain volunteers
- Integrate volunteers within their services, dealing confidently with any fears or concerns
- Address the needs of a diverse team of volunteers
- Make the most of your volunteers' skills and enthusiasm
- Confidently take and implement decisions to develop or terminate a volunteers contract.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150