Volunteers: recruiting and managing
If you are interested in potentially running this topic through our live, interactive online in-house offer please contact James Cuming on 07375 042 815 or email@example.com
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at staff and managers who are new to volunteer management.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Ensure that volunteer involvement leads to evidenced outcomes which can be used to develop the effectiveness of the service (e.g. to funders, in SP reviews and in CQC inspections)
- Learn from examples of good practice so that you can involve volunteers in a meaningful way
- Develop appropriate stategies, processes and procedures involve volunteers
- Develop a sustainable volunteer program in your organisation
- Get your colleagues enthusiastic about involving volunteers
- Understand the legal issues involved in recruiting volunteers
- Ensure that volunteering adds value to your service and to client outcomes
- Appropriately recruit, induct, manage, develop and retain volunteers
- Integrate volunteers within their services, dealing confidently with any fears or concerns
- Address the needs of a diverse team of volunteers
- Make the most of your volunteers' skills and enthusiasm
- Confidently take and implement decisions to develop or terminate a volunteers contract.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered over three dates
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5 hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £825 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Associate members face to face: £945 plus Trainer expenses
Associate members online: £970 - no Trainer expenses
Non members face to face: £1,175 plus Trainer expenses
Non members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses