Youth mental health first aid
Delivered by a qualified Youth MHFA instructor this training provides information, tools and techniques to promote a young person's mental and emotional wellbeing. And to enable participants to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who work with young people aged 16-24 and want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be able to spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Cost (In-House training)
Members: £1,598 - Plus £20 per delegate for a YMHFA manual
Non-Members: £2,300 - Plus £15 per delegate for a YMHFA manual