The PLUS Project is a partnership between Shelter and Homeless Link. Funded by London Councils, we support organisations, boroughs and landlords in London working with people who are sleeping rough, homeless, or in housing need. Our work has a strong partnership, cross-sector working and equalities focus.
London PLUS: Understanding the Role of Healthcare in the London Homelessness Sector
Please note this event has expired. To view our current calendar of events and training courses please click here.
What is this event about?
In 2021-22, the PLUS Project will be focusing our work for 2021-22 on Health and Wellbeing – a healthy response to ending homelessness. The pandemic has prioritised the health of people experiencing homelesness in a new way and helped develop greater partnerships between the health and homelesness sectors. To ensure that health remains front and centre of our response to homelessness, we will be holding a series of events, training sessions and briefings on health-related topics.
The first of this series of events, Understanding the Role of Healthcare in the London Homelessness Sector, will take place on 12th July 1-4pm. This event will underline the signficance of health in ending homelessness and will discuss Inclusion Health and outline the new Integrated Care Systems that are being introduced.
1. Welcome, House Keeping and Introductions
2. Up-coming Health Changes in London
Speaker - Liza Collins, Deputy Director, Homeless Health Programme, Healthy London Partnership
3. What is Inclusion Health?
Speaker - Sam Dorney-Smith, Queen’s Nursing Institute
4. London Health Network
Speaker - Chris Torry, London Network of Nurses and Midwives Homelessness Group
5. Examples of Inclusion Health in London:
- Hospital Discharge –Steve Wynne, Lead Nurse, Royal London Pathway Team
- Community Health Inclusion Services - Fenella Jolly, Clinical Service Lead, Guys and St Thomas Health Inclusion Team
- Groundswell - Martin Murphy, Project Manager and Jo Brown, Research Manager, Groundswell
6. Homeless Link's Health Work
Speakers - TBC
7. Group Discussions - all
- How does health impact on people experiencing homelessness?
- How can your organisation best support the health and well-being needs of people experiencing homelessness?
- What is working well/not so well in your area. What would you like to change?
- What are the gaps? Are any new services needed in your area?
- How might you adapt your service to be more inclusive/more responsive to those experiencing homelessness?
8. Event Summary and Close
Where will the event take place?
This event will take place over Zoom. If you are unable to access Zoom for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is funded by London Councils - there is no charge to attend.
Share this page
Talk To Us
London development lead
Jane is a National Practice Development Project Manager and leads the PLUS project, which supports workforce development across London.
29 Jun 2021 - 10:40am
22 Jun 2021 - 8:34am
15 May 2021 - 8:38am