Our Leadership Support programme is designed to help leaders effect change, understand their impact and achieve organisational and financial sustainability. We believe this will help us to create a vibrant, dynamic and sustainable sector that will lead to better support for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Despite unprecedented effort and collaboration across the sector during the pandemic, Covid-19 has left some isolated and most exhausted. So this year's programme will focus on supporting leaders with the tools required to rebuild and capitalise on the opportunities after the pandemic
Learn from experienced leaders in the sector and experts on topics such as motivation, collaboration, working with boards and organisational culture and get the opportunity to network with peers across the sector.
Participants in last year’s sessions went on to use the skills learnt to make improvements to working practices, introduce new services, pursue new income streams, develop staff training and build support from their board of trustees.
Upcoming peer support and masterclasses
- How to stay motivated as a leader, Monday 13th September, 12 – 2pm
- Leading locally through collaboration rather than competition, Thursday 21st October, 2 – 4pm
- How to work better with our boards, Monday 1st November, 11 – 1pm
- How to embed an organisational culture and values, Thursday 9th December, 2 – 4pm
To apply to join these upcoming leadership peer support and masterclasses please follow the links on the session webpages. This programme is specifically suitable for staff currently within leadership roles in organisations that support people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. We are actively seeking to reach more leaders of faith-based and non-commissioned community organisations.There is no charge to join the programme, which is funded by MHCLG. We hope this makes accessible to leaders from smaller organisation.
We're hoping to host further masterclasses early next year, if there is a particular topic you would like us to consider, please contact us.
We are also hosting a two-day residential conference (11-12 Nov) exclusively from Homeless Link members which will focus on how leaders can learn from the challenges and build on the opportunities from the pandemic.
As well as the opportunity to hear from experts, with places limited to 50 delegates you will also have the unique and vital opportunity to learn from your peers, discussing issues and asking questions of other people who have similar roles as you.
Presentations, discussions and workshops will focus on how you can lead your organisation into the future, giving leaders an opportunity to reflect and generate ideas as we emerge from crisis mode.
We have also set up a Leadership Slack group to create online networking opportunities for senior leaders working in homelessness and supported housing. By joining this Slack Group you can:
- Interact with the Homeless Link Senior Leadership Team
- Make connections and easily contact other leaders in the sector
- Join conversations about the latest developments in the sector
- Find (and share) useful resources on leadership
We'll be sending out Slack joining instructions to Leadership Masterclass participants but if you're not able to attend the Leadership Masterclasses you can still join the Slack group, please contact our Events Manager, Anna Crellin for further details.
If you are a member of Homeless Link you can also join our member-only regional leadership meetings for CEOs and Senior Leaders. Free to attend, through these forums we will share insights into what is emerging from central government and details of our campaign work. Participants will also have the opportunity to share the challenges their organisation is facing at a local level, as well as national systemic blocks that they have encountered. There will also be an opportunity to network with sector colleagues.
The dates and times of each event are:
- North East – 2 November 2021 – 10.30am-12.00pm
- North West – 2 November 2021 – 2.00pm-3.30pm
- London – 9 November 2021 – 10.30am-12.30pm
- Yorkshire and Humber – 16 November 2021 - 10.30am-12.00pm
- South East – 16 November 2021 - 2.00pm-3.30pm
- West Midlands – 23 November 2021 - 10.30am-12.00pm
- South West – 30 November 2021 - 10.30am-12.00pm
- East Midlands – 30 November 2021 - 2.00pm-3.30pm
- East of England – 7 December 2021 - 10.30am-12.00pm
To join the session in your region or find out more, please contact Events Officer, Lana Newby. Please note, these regional forums are only open to CEOs and Senior Leaders of Homeless Link membership organisations.