The PLUS Project is a partnership between Shelter and Homeless Link. Funded by London Councils, we support organisations, boroughs and landlords in London working with people who are sleeping rough, homeless, or in housing need. Our work has a stong partnership, cross-sector working and equalities focus.
Spotlight on Digital Technology
Please note this event has expired. To view our current calendar of events and training courses please click here.
- To increase knowledge and awareness of how digital technology is being used in the homelessness sector e.g. alternative giving schemes, crowdfunding and social media campaigns
- For homelessness organisations to explore the benefits of using technology in their comms strategies
- To learn from others who have used digital technology
- To share good practice from projects that help people with lived experience of homelessness to improve their digital skills.
- To promote and improve networking and partnership working between the homelessness and specialist agencies
1.00 Event registration and sandwich lunch
1.20 Chair’s welcome
1.25 How to tell others about what you do: Developing a Digital Communication Strategy in your organisation – Owen Duff, NHYC
1.40 Building Organisation Resilience by Using Digital Technology – Vinay Nair, Lightful
2.10 Crowd Funding to Train Homeless People – Seb Barker, BEAM
2.40 Crowd Funding to Refurbish a Day Centre: What We’ve Learnt – Martha Awojobi, West London Mission
3.00 Reboot: Making digital part of the support offer in homelessness and mental health services – Tasmin Maitland, Homeless Link
3.20 St Mungo’s Reboot Project
3.30 Q&A/Panel Discussion
3.55 Group work
4.20 Event summary and evaluation
4.30 Event Close
Places at this event are limited. If you are interested in attending please contact the London Plus team.
Share this page
Talk To Us
London Development Manager
Jane works on our PLUS project, which provides support to homelessness agencies across London through a mixture of guidance, training and events.
020 7840 4460
27 Jun 2019 - 2:18pm
Embedding Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) and the Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles in an organisation
7 May 2019 - 10:11am
21 Mar 2019 - 3:59pm