Surrey Community of Practice for Homelessness Workers….Preparing for Winter 2021
You can still register to join today's webinar below
Homeless Link would like to invite you to the first Community of Practice for Surrey. This is open to workers and volunteers delivering support to people who are rough sleeping or experiencing homelessness of any kind across the 11 boroughs in the county.
For this session we will focus on how we are preparing for winter across the county. We will consider:
- What are the challenges: SWEP, bed numbers, the move to single occupancy accommodation etc
- What are our opportunities and solutions to improve outcomes for people rough sleeping across the 11 boroughs in Surrey
- What strategies, resources or expertise do we need to access or develop to improve our ways of working
We will have a short presentation from Collette Le Van Gilroy, Senior Programme Manager – Tackling Multiple Disadvantages from Surrey Public Health on the Bunkabins that have been successfully piloted in Surrey health and Reigate & Banstead.
This session will be an opportunity to:
- Connect and network with a wide range of partners from across surrey
- Reflect on your own strategy and current practice
- Hear about the activities practice and strategies being enacted across the county aimed at ending and preventing rough sleeping and homelessness
Homeless Link Communities of Practice are open to anyone who is working or volunteering within the homelessness sector and those with lived experience of homelessness. We also welcome those who work in related services such as domestic abuse, asylum and refugee, drugs and alcohol, mental health and other health related services.
As this is the first Community of Practice being offered by Homeless Link in Surrey we will make the most of this opportunity to network and introduce our individual services, identify broader sector issues as they relate to you and your team and explore ideas for future Communities of Practice.
Homeless Link Communities of Practice are designed to bring together people working in homelessness and related fields within local areas. The aim is to create a safe and informal space in which attendees can share knowledge and good practice, discuss local issues and explore how best to collaboratively overcome them.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Partnership Manager (London & South)
Greg works as Homeless Link's Partnership Manager in London and the South.
21 Sep 2021 - 4:05pm
10 Sep 2021 - 12:09pm
29 Jun 2021 - 10:40am