This course is aimed at professionals who work with vulnerable people who use or are at risk of using 'Spice' chaotically. The course will enable staff to be aware of this trend through an existing knowledge transfer and awareness of how trends like 'Spice' take hold. The course will also explore the risks, dangers and consequences of using 'Spice' and will provide staff with practical tools to screen and support service users.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline staff with a basic understanding of substance misuse issues
- Frontline staff who are seeing a rise in new drug trends such as 'Spice' within their service user communities
- Frontline staff who want to learn practical ways to handle 'Spice' issues in their services and communities
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Know the history of how 'Spice' has become the predominant new psychoactive substance issue in our society
- Be able to understand the drug families and where 'Spice' fits in
- Have an in-depth understanding of what 'Spice' is, how it is used, user expectations and the risks, dangers and consequences of use
- Have effective skills to screen, support and deliver psycho-social interventions around 'Spice' issues
- Have awareness of the continuing changing substance misuse fields and how to be aware of emerging drug trends such as 'Spice' and how to respond to this using a multi-agency approach
Delegates will be provided with a handbook of resources and materials
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £940 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,335 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses