Organisations that support vulnerable people must ensure that the rights and interests of individuals are respected and that the work undertaken by staff fully reflects this. Mistakes can have serious consequences. This course will explain how you should manage professional boundaries in your daily work.
Training Tuesday: Outreach skills and COVID-19
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, participants will have learned how to:
- Recognise and respond to individual and environmental needs and choices
- Adopt a persistent, case work approach that is focused on empowering staff to build safe relationships with strengths based assessment
- Plan and carry out an outreach shift, including safety/risk assessment and welfare checks within a post COVID-19 context
- Respond positively if individuals disengage or refuse an offer of support and how to work with people who are enforced to stay in accommodation
- Understand the link between trauma and homelessness
- Use a range of communication techniques that support motivation
- Be aware of the role of outreach within a wider homelessness pathway to end someone’s homelessness again in a COVID-19 context.
This online the course is designed to be participatory and interactive. There will be pre and post-course learning.
Module one: Communication and engagement in an outreach and COVID-19 context
Module two: Understanding the impact of trauma, reluctance, and ambivalence in your working relationship
Module three: Motivation and engaging with the wider service environment.
Who is this course for?
Frontline workers and managers within outreach services.
How our online training courses work: Each course subject consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place over 3 consecutive weekly installments. The course will be tailored to address the needs of the sector during COVID-19. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
Module 1: Tuesday, 2 June 2020 | 10.00am-11.30am
Module 2: Tuesday, 9 June 2020 | 10.00am-11.30am
Module 3: Tuesday, 16 June 2020 | 10.00am-11.30am
£75.00 per person - all three modules are included in this price
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £700 for up to 20 staff members.
Share this page
I really enjoyed the training and the subject matter, it was really well presented and Jo was brilliant, very friendly and informative. I would attend again and am interested in pursuing this further.Sara Cockrill,
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
1 Nov 2019 - 3:30pm
22 Oct 2019 - 3:10pm
19 Jun 2019 - 10:08am