Webinar: Ensuring digital inclusion for those experiencing homelessness - During the Covid-19 crisis and beyond
In an increasingly digital age, technology provides opportunities to connect with friends and family, find work, access health services and welfare benefits, manage money and pursue their interests online. With the Covid-19 crisis, access to the digital world has become even more important to most.
Yet people experiencing homelessness are often digitally excluded. Devices are at risk of being damaged, lost or stolen and access to charging points, wifi, and data is is not always possible. In many cases people haven’t yet had the opportunity to gain digital skills and may lack the motivation to get started while coping with homelessness.
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of The Reboot UK Project, from Homeless Link and the Good Things Foundation, exploring how digital support is offered in the Homelessness sector.
- Discuss the challenges for those experiencing homelessness in accessing digital, as well as those for staff supporting their clients, and the possible solutions to these.
- Provide case studies of good practice examples in digital inclusion
- Provide attendees with useful resources and guidance on initiatives to takeaway and put to use.
- Chair: Tasmin Maitland, Assistant Director, Practice and Partnerships, Homeless Link
- Fatima Musa, Work and Learning Coordinator, Evolve
- Robert Shapiro, Digital Social Inclusion Manager, Good Things Foundation
Share this page
Talk To Us
Conference and events manager
Alex manages Homeless Link's conference and events programme.
020 7840 4493