Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care for frontline staff
We have adapted this course into three modules to help during COVID-19 outbreak. This course can be applied to any settings and help individuals to think about potential challenges, as well as understand behaviours, and help you in how you might respond to these.
Delegates will also be given some practical resources for working in a trauma-informed way and will learn to recognise vicarious/secondary trauma within themselves and how to overcome it.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of trauma
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have contact with homeless people/people with complex needs
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically informed way
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Have had an introduction to Complex Trauma and its effect on attachment and the brain
- Have had an introduction to Trauma Informed Care and learnt practical tips to help support clients to regulate emotion, manage behavior and risks and create safe and empowering services
- Have had an opportunity to reflect on your practice in relation to the above
- Understand what Vicarious trauma is and know how to look after yourself.
Delegates will be provided with a handbook of resources.
Please note: due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. It is essential that they are aware of the course content beforehand, in order to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
How our online training courses work: Each course subject consists of 3 modules, which will take place over 3 consecutive weekly installments. The course will be tailored to address the needs of the sector during COVID-19. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Monday, 1 February 2021 | 10.00am-11.30am
Module 2: Monday, 8 February 2021 | 10.00am-11.30am
Module 3: Monday, 15 February 2021 | 10.00am-11.30am
£75.00 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Payment is by card via PayPal. For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our online training.
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £850 for up to 20 staff members.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana develops and co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
07950 954 473
22 Dec 2020 - 10:25am
25 Nov 2020 - 1:55pm
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am