Conflict management: handling violence and aggression
What will you learn?
Module one: Looking at conflict
A key approach to managing violence and aggression is to successfully manage conflict. Conflict is not violence and aggression; it is just conflict. Confidence in managing and resolving conflict will prevent escalation to aggression and violence and increases participants capacity to deliver a great service.
- Course overview
- Defining Conflict, Violence and Aggression
- Why conflict, violence and aggression occur
- Models of conflict
- How to manage and resolve conflict.
Module two: About violence and aggression
- Models of violence and aggressive behaviour
- The aggression curve
- Fight or flight
- Communication when aggression is present
- Transactional Analysis
- Mehriban’s Theory
- Signs of aggression
- How staff can inadvertently inflame the situation
- The use of Risk Assessment to predict and mitigate violence and aggression.
Module three: What to do when faced with Violence and Aggression
- The overriding imperative – stay safe
- Responses to low level aggression
- Responses to high level aggression
- Key tips on dealing with Violence and Aggression
- The importance of incident review
- Looking after yourself, post-incident care.
Who is this course for?
Frontline staff and managers working in homelessness and supported housing settings.
How our online training courses work: Each course subject consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place over 3 consecutive weekly installments. The course will be tailored to address the needs of the sector during COVID-19. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Tuesday, 2 February 2021 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Module 2: Tuesday, 9 February 2021 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Module 3: Tuesday, 16 February 2021 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
£75.00 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Payment can be made by card via PayPal. For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our online training.
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £850 for up to 20 staff members.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana develops and co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
07950 954 473
22 Dec 2020 - 10:25am
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm