Mental health: navigating services
Working with this client group can be demanding; we will provide an overview of a trauma informed approach to working with this client group in order to better understand their needs. We will also look at staff support and wellbeing, compassion fatigue and how we can keep ourselves safe.
What will you learn?
This course will:
- Discuss the recent changes to mental health provision
- Help you to understand clients’ mental health needs and diagnoses
- Provide an overview of the principles of trauma informed support
- Explain the distress continuum
- Explore how to build relationships with your local mental health teams
- Help you to understand when to refer a client to mental health services
- Explain how to make an appropriate referral to the relevant service
- Discuss the importance of accurate recording
- Provide some tips around managing your wellbeing and understanding compassion fatigue
- Mental illness – definitions and models
- Personality disorder overview and diagnosis
- Major illnesses/disorders signs, symptoms & behaviour
- Overview of trauma and its impact on people
- Services and sources of help & criteria for access to statutory services
- Improving client access to services through referral
- What you can do to help
- Compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma and its impact on you
- Legal issues in the context of treatment and management
- Accurate recording in case notes
- Client case studies and shared learning in case examples
- Importance of reflective practice
- Staff wellbeing and support.
Who is this course for?
For frontline staff, keyworkers and their managers who regularly work with clients who experience mental health issues.
How our online training courses work: Each course subject consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place over 3 consecutive weekly installments. The course will be tailored to address the needs of the sector during COVID-19. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Tuesday, 26 January 2021 | 11.45am-1.15pm
Module 2: Monday, 2 February 2021 | 11.45am-1.15pm
Module 3: Monday, 9 February 2021 | 11.45am-1.15pm
£75.00 per person - all three modules are included in this price
Payment is by card via PayPal. For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our online training.
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £850 for up to 20 staff members.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana develops and co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
07950 954 473
31 Dec 2020 - 8:01am
22 Dec 2020 - 10:25am
25 Nov 2020 - 1:55pm