Autism and Homelessness
The course will include the policy and legal framework that staff supporting people with autism need to be aware of. It will also cover the current service provision for people on the autistic spectrum and what staff can do to help.
The course will encourage reflection from participants on their own relevant experiences of supporting someone with autism and will also include discussion of other practice based case studies.
If you are interested in potentially running this topic through our live, interactive online in-house offer please contact James Cuming on 07375 042 815 or email@example.com
Who is this course for?
Frontline staff who work with people who have, or appear to have, an autistic spectrum disorder. It does not assume any prior knowledge of autism
What will you learn?
This one day course provides:
- Information about what Autism is and how it may present. This includes the challenges and vulnerabilities the condition may present for the person and those who support them.
- Awareness that this is a ‘spectrum’ condition which can vary greatly in how it is presented in people
- Guidance on the good practice and current policy and legal framework relating to those on the autistic spectrum and homelessness
- Awareness of the particular impacts autism may have on a person who either is, or threatened with homelessness
- Information and guidance for those young people on the autistic spectrum including best practice in communicating with people with autism
- An opportunity for staff to reflect and learn from practice based examples.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered over three dates
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5 hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £825 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £850 - no Trainer expenses
Associate members face to face: £945 plus Trainer expenses
Associate members online: £970 - no Trainer expenses
Non members face to face: £1,175 plus Trainer expenses
Non members online: £1,200 - no Trainer expenses
Share this page
Very clear, I could assess someone's situation in a more logical way after this course, very good.Look Ahead
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
11 Mar 2019 - 8:00pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am
17 Dec 2018 - 4:28pm