Homeless Link alongside Housing Justice are supporting applicants and successful grant holders on the Night Shelter Transformation Fund 2022. Funded by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC), the Night Shelter Transformation Fund will allocate up to £10million over two and a half years to organisations across England.
The fund includes Revenue and Capital funding comparable to the previous Homelessness Transformation Fund 2021/22 and an additional stream of Capital Incubation to support organisations with developing plans for capital work. Grants will be awarded for:
- Enhancing or developing single room accommodation for people experiencing rough sleeping.
- Developing non-residential support for rough sleepers where applicants can demonstrate a specific need and targeted solution that support local areas’ support for and reduction of people experiencing rough sleeping.
Full eligibility criteria are listed in the prospectus for The Night Shelter Transformation Fund and includes organisations which are:
- Small to medium sized organisations, with up to £5million annual turnover. (It is possible for organisations with a higher turnover to be considered, such as if they can evidence that they are the only emergency provider over winter in a particular area.)
- Organisations working directly with people who are rough sleeping, in a night shelter setting or provided a night shelter on or after 2019/20
- Where more than 50 per cent of beneficiaries are people experiencing homelessness.
- Incorporated registered charity, CIO, Community Benefit Society or CIC
- Based in and operating in England
Applications open on July 26th and will close on August 26th. Funding from this first tranche must be spent before March 2023, with applications for the second tranche opening at a later date.
To find out more about the Fund and how to apply, Homeless Link and Housing Justice are running a series of webinars:
- 3rd August: for Local Authorities considering their winter planning
- 4th August: as an introduction to the Fund for interested organisations
- 9th August: Webinars and Q&A discussion to explore details of Revenue and Capital Funds.
You can also find the fund prospectus here.