We believe everyone should have the right to open and close their own front door and feel safe and secure in their own accommodation. Sadly for many people this isn’t the case.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of the full range of accommodation options that are available to individuals and couples experiencing homelessness, to include the scale, scope and quality of services across the country. Use the findings of this review to make recommendations for the future development of accommodation services
- Drive the scaling up of high fidelity Housing First as a solution for people facing multiple disadvantage for whom traditional models don’t work
- Working with partners, support the development of data-informed housing and homelessness strategies at both a local and national level, which tackle rough sleeping and other forms of homelessness, including hidden homelessness
- Strengthen links and explore partnerships with relevant housing and funding/investment organisations in order to increase the availability of high quality, affordable accommodation for people experiencing homelessness
- Campaign to secure positive progress on the need for adequate and long term secure funding for supported housing in all its forms, as part of a comprehensive welfare safety net
Forthcoming events on accommodation
These are some of our forthcoming training and events on accommodation:
Latest resources published on accommodation
These are the latest Homeless Link publications on accommodation:
Our Manifesto to End Homelessness
With a general election looming in 2024, we have published our manifesto to end homelessness. Drawn from from our unique position as the membership body for over 800 homelessness organisations across England. It builds on work with our members, on engagement with specialists and experts and on the rich body of evidence on what works to end homelessness, outlining our core ambitions of the next government.
Homeless Link's submission to the Autumn Statement 2023
The Government's Autumn Statement provides an update on its spending plans for the next six months. Ahead of 2023's statement, Homeless Link submitted a formal submission, calling on the Government to raise the Local Housing Allowance rate.
2022 Annual Review of Support for Single Homeless People in England
The annual survey of services for people who at risk of homelessness shows an increase in demand for services, whilst the number of bed spaces is reducing. It highlights a growth in the number of people presenting with complex needs.
Important cold-health alert information for supported housing and floating support providers
With the weather getting significantly colder, supported accommodation and floating support providers need to take action to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those using their services.
The StreetVet Accredited Hostel Scheme is helping keep pets and their owners together
StreetVet has entered the 4th year in providing its Accredited Hostel Scheme to temporary accommodation providers across the UK. In this guest blog, they reflect on their successes in keeping those experiencing homelessness and their pets together.
Addressing hoarding: an important way to prevent homelessness?
There are a huge number of people at risk of homelessness due to hoarding. Jo Prestidge, Head of National Practice Development reflects on our 'Going Beyond' podcast episode on hoarding with P3 charity.