This course is designed to equip your team with the skills and knowledge to more effectively support individuals with alcohol-related issues, including those resistant to change. By course end, your team will confidently identify, assess, and devise intervention strategies.
Who is this course for?
This course is tailored for teams within homelessness and supported housing, including both alcohol and non-alcohol specialised settings.
It is ideal for frontline staff and managers alike working with people with alcohol-related issues.
What will your team learn?
Through this course, your team will:
- Gain the tools to identify and engage individuals who may be resistant to change
- Understand the reasons behind intervention and its potential for transformation
- Dive deeper into the physical and psychological effects of alcohol use
- Learn to navigate barriers and explore techniques for fostering change, including risk management, nutrition and harm reduction approaches
- Use the "assessing barriers to change" framework and 12-question tool for assessments
- Gain awareness of available legal support options, including the anti-social framework
- Develop realistic, effective intervention plans for individuals facing challenges
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit you, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.