Who is this course for?
It is suitable for frontline staff and volunteers in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- be able to recognise violence & aggression
- understand the difference between conflict and crisis management
- understand the ‘fight or flight’ response and how it relates to conflict
- understand what your personal conflict management style is and how to adapt it when needed
- understand different psychological model's of communication to support managing conflict
- have a range of methods to safely manage your own reactions to conflict
- know how to manage cooperative and uncooperative clients
- know how to manage conflict in a range of working situations from the workplace to your client work
- know how small changes to your working environment can improve your safety
- understand effective post incident management with your client's, colleagues and as an organisation
- understand what your action plan will be going forward in managing conflict, violence or aggression
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £885 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £885 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,260 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,260 - no Trainer expenses