This course will give you the knowledge and understanding to develop a creative and problem solving approach to your keyworking relationships. It will help you address issues such as a lack of engagement, resistance to change and to further develop your person-centred communication skills.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to further develop their keyworking skills.
- Looking at Barber’s steps to engage reluctant clients
- The use of risk assessment to mitigate non-engagement
- How to use motivational techniques to encourage and maintain engagement
- The principles of creativity and how these principles can be used in your work
- Looking at creative thinking techniques
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why some clients are resistant to change
- Identify and know how to overcome barriers to motivation
- Identify and take practical steps to tackle a lack of engagement
- Understand how to take a structured creative thinking and problem solving approach in you work
- Know a range of resources and personal development activities that will support the development and implementation of the learning
- Have a personal action plan to help implement learning after the course.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £940 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,335 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses