Developed and delivered by Hestia, a leading organisation in supporting survivors of modern slavery and human trafficking, this course will provide an overview of modern slavery and exploitation. This one-day course will cover modern slavery and its forms, including human trafficking, forced criminality, forced labour and sexual exploitation. The course will provide delegates with an understanding of how to identify potential victims of modern slavery, and how modern slavery interacts with homelessness.
Delegates will also be provided with an overview of the National Referral Mechanism – the support service available to potential victims of modern slavery – and how survivors are supported by organisations such as Hestia.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning about modern slavery and its forms, and how to identify potential victims, including:
- Frontline workers from the homelessness sector
- Frontline workers from the non-UK nationals sector
- Local Authority staff
- Course content
This course will cover
- An overview of modern slavery and its forms, both in the UK and worldwide
- An overview of the National Referral Mechanism, how to identify potential victims and how to respond
- Supporting survivors of modern slavery – needs and barriers to disclosure
- How homelessness interacts with modern slavery
Please note that sensitive topics will be discussed as part of this training, and we incorporate a trauma-informed approach to our learning and discussions.
Duration and costs
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
|£940 plus Trainer expenses||£940 - no Trainer expenses|
|£1,335 plus Trainer expenses||£1,335 - no Trainer expenses|