Who is this course for?
This course is designed for frontline staff and operational managers in all services. It is advisable that services that book this course have an understanding or expectation of the psychological framework you will be using.
- Reflect on your current service and the reasons you should work in a psychologically informed way
- Defining PIE
- The 5 key elements of PIE
- What skills do you need to work in a psychologically informed way?
- The challenges of working in a psychologically informed way.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Understand what PIE is and the rationale for servies using this approach
- Understand the 5 principles of psycholigically informed environments
- Be able to apply the 5 principles to their roles using a Strengths-Based Approach and embedding reflective practice into their service
- Be made aware of and be able to link into services who have already implemented a PIE approach
- Be able to help plan for long term implementation of PIE into their service through effective action plans.
A consultancy offer of a service review or support with developing an action plan is also available. Please speak to Hannah Opie - Homeless Link's Training Manager for more information.
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
The training will run online 09:30-16:00 and in-person 10:00-16:30, with plenty of breaks throughout the day.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit your situation, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.