This course will teach your team how to incorporate Strengths-based values and principles into their work; it will enable them to recognise, and build on, the strengths of the people they work with. The course will help your team to develop practical next steps to make existing processes and practice more Strengths-based. The session will also look at common misconceptions about the approach and how to challenge and overcome them.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of Strengths-based Practice
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have direct client contact
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a Strengths-based way
What will your team learn?
Through this course, your team will:
- Understand what Strengths-based practice is
- Be able to recognise deficit based practice
- Be able to identify strengths of the people you work with
- Understand how to implement elements of Strengths-based Practice in your service
- Understand how Strengths-based approaches interact with other practices and processes.
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation and a further reading list.
This course was created in partnership with MIND.
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
The training will run online 09:30-16:00 and in-person 10:00-16:30, with plenty of breaks throughout the day.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit your situation, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.