Along with information about Complex Trauma and its impact, the course provides managers with an understanding of why implementing trauma-informed approaches are necessary.
We explore key methods of applying a trauma-informed approach in services and delegates will have the opportunity to reflect on wider organisational systems and procedures.
Delegates will also be given information about how to recognise Vicarious/Secondary Trauma within their team and how they can support their staff to implement learning from their own training.
Who is this course for?
- Operational and Senior Managers looking to implement trauma-informed approaches across their team or organisation.
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically-informed way.
What will my team learn?
Through this course, your managers will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Complex Trauma and its effects on individuals.
- Develop a trauma-informed perspective, including understanding how being gender-informed fits in with trauma-informed approaches
- Learn to implement a safety-focused and strengths-based approach to enhance staff wellbeing and support, effectively managing risks through the lens of safety
- Recognise the impact of Complex Trauma on staff, addressing Vicarious Trauma and Empathy Fatigue, and how managers can support as effectively as possible
- Understand how to apply this knowledge to services using an internally driven self-assessment approach
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
The training will run online 09:30-16:00 and in-person 10:00-16:30, with plenty of breaks throughout the day.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit your situation, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.