Excellent support is dependent on an effective Strengths-Based assessment and the formation of a strong support plan. To achieve this, you need to be able to fully engage the client in the process, complete an assessment that focuses on strengths and create a plan that both client and support worker agree with.
This training will help you to carry out assessment and support planning effectively.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to develop their skills.
- Looking at the assessment process
- The Strengths-Based approach within assessments
- Communication and power
- A look at the impact or our biases
- Setting goals and forming the support plan
- Assessment and the care act
On completion of this course you will:
- Know how to begin, build and conclude an effective Strengths-Based assessment process
- Be able to spot and manage common problems in assessment
- Know and have practised key communication skills relevant to the assessment process
- Be aware of Equality and Diversity issues within the assessment and planning process and have a strategy to mitigate these issues
- Be able to form and agree a SMART support plan that delivers timely outcomes
- Understand and have a core strategy to involve partners in the assessment and support planning process
- Have a personal action plan to help you get going after the course.
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
The training will run online 09:30-16:00 and in-person 10:00-16:30, with plenty of breaks throughout the day.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit your situation, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.