Who is this course for?
For managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Recognise the signs of drug and alcohol use
- Know how to reduce a client's distress after they have used drugs or alcohol
- Know how to help a client in adopting safe substance use practices
- Know how to help a client in reducing drug and alcohol use
- Know how to refer a client to relevant support services
- Understand the wider problems faced by clients as a result of drug and alcohol use
- Be able to help your colleagues reflect on their own values, priorities, interestes and effectiveness in dealing with drug and alcohol use among clients
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
Members face to face: £940 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,335 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses