For many people, gaining access to training and employment is the key to moving on from homelessness and ultimately in becoming independent. However, people experiencing homelessness often face numerous barriers to taking these positive steps. Support your clients to move forward and access education, training and employment through practical tools, coaching and motivational strengths-based approaches. This 2-day course will help you to support your clients to overcome barriers and access work, education or training.
If you are interested in potentially running this topic through our live, interactive online in-house offer please contact James Cuming on 07375 042 815 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this course for?
For managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
- Identify the needs and barriers of people experiencing homelessness in relation to education, training and employment
- Gain practical tools, strategies and activity ideas that can help your clients overcome barriers, increase motivation and achieve their goals
- Understand the importance of signposting and share team knowledge
- Be able to support your clients practically with CV writing, job applications, job searching and interview techniques
- Define what your role is in relation to supporting clients, building ambition and encouraging steps towards independence
- Understand the differences between advice, information & guidance compared to using a coaching approach
- Practice and utilise transformational coaching tools and communication approaches to challenge, motivate and encourage your clients
- Identify what “work readiness” and “in-work support” could look like
Note: Following the training, each delegate will receive a pack with CV and Mock Interview templates and Transformational Coaching Tools that they can use with their clients.
Face to face: Two-day course that can be split over a two week period
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Costs for two-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £1,880 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £2,670 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses