Unplanned moves from hostel accommodation and other supported housing projects (in the form of evictions and abandonment) often result in people returning to street homelessness. Repeat homelessness for this very vulnerable client group could be prevented, resulting in better outcomes for homeless people and cost savings for the agencies that support them.
Reducing evictions is essential for those managing hostels and supported housing as this is a key requirement of many funders.
Who is this course for?
For frontline staff and managers involved in the housing management process in all forms of supported housing.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Take action to prevent incidents and create a safe environment
- Identify people at risk of losing or abandoning their accommodation
- Implement a range of appropriate actions in response to the risk of eviction or abandonment
- Explore how to use housing management processes to support positive outcomes
- Understand the role of staff teams in preventing evictions and abandonment
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £940 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,335 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses
To find out more or book, please contact our training team:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476