This course explores a range of exercises, tools and engagement techniques that delegates can implement in their own facilitation roles. The skills and techniques taught on this one-day experiential and practical course include how to successfully engage groups, project authority, overcome resistance, build connections and confidently manage group dynamics.
Who is this course for?
- Staff, Team Members and Managers from homelessness organisations who either currently or will in the future facilitate small and/or large groups
- Staff from other sectors who are currently responsible for facilitating groups and want to further upskill
- Professionals whose role involves facilitating, for example: Team Meetings, Chairing Events, Conferences, Training, Q&A sessions, Planning Meetings, Teambuilding Events, Problem-Solving/Process Improvement Sessions, Feedback Sessions, Focus Groups, Partnership / Stakeholder Meetings and Networking Events
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the role of a facilitator
- Be able to implement a range of creative tools and techniques to engage, energise, connect and get the best out of attendees
- Explore strategies to deal with resistance and manage challenging group dynamics
- Understand how to project authority and lead with confidence using powerful body language and voice tools
- Gain techniques that encourage open constructive dialogue and feedback
- Understand the different “facilitator hats” you need to wear to be successful in your own facilitation roles
Delegates will be provided with a handbook of resources.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £940 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,335 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses