This course will introduce you to the homelessness sector. It will help you to understand the structural and personal causes of homelessness and why some people find it difficult to return to settled living. You will learn about the ways the sector tries to help people who are experiencing homeless and the problems and issues that need to be overcome. Finally, you will have an insight into the tremendous talents that people who are homeless have and are able to use despite facing enormous adversity.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers, frontline staff and volunteers who are new to the sector
- How and why people become homeless
- Definitions of homelessness
- Key aspects of Government policy on ending homelessness
- Local authorities’ responsibilities in relation to people who are experiencing homelessness
- The sector’s responses to ending and preventing homelessness
- Current challenges to ending and preventing homelessness
- The talent and skills that people experiencing homelessness possess.
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the social and structural issues that give rise to homelessness
- Understand why it is difficult for some people to return to settled living
- Understand a range of statutory and voluntary sector responses to ending homelessness and have gained an understanding of why this task is difficult
- Be able to identify the personal steps that you can take to deliver services or campaign for change.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
Due to the current Covid19 pandemic we are delivering our face to face courses online via the Zoom platform. Each course is delivered over three 1.5-hour modules in one-day at the following times:
Module 1- 9:30am-11am
Module 2- 12pm-1:30pm
Module 3- 2:30pm-4pm
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
If you would like to discuss our online training offer in more detail, please use the following contact information below:
Call: James on 07375 042 815 or Sharelle on 07881921476
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £885 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £885 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,260 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,260 - no Trainer expenses