This training aims to help outreach teams deliver effective support interventions and achieve positive outcomes for people sleeping rough.
Developed by Homeless Link with contributions from member organisations and people with lived experience of street outreach.
Who is this course for?
This training is suitable for anyone looking to deliver effective support interventions and achieve positive outcomes for people sleeping rough.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan and carry out outreach shifts, including safety/risk assessment and welfare checks
- Understand what is meant by assertive and person-centred support
- Describe common routes onto the streets and common support needs of people sleeping rough
- Recognise and respond to individual needs
- Describe a range of potential support offers to end rough sleeping
Content: shift planning, safety, urban/rural outreach, routes to the street, common support issues, what assertive outreach means in practice, needs assessment and support planning.
Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation, the workbook and case studies.
Duration and cost
This one-day course is priced as follows:
- Member £940
- Non-member £1335
The course can be booked for a team of up to 16 individuals for in-person training or up to 20 individuals for online training. Trainer expenses will apply for in-person courses.