If you are interested in potentially running this topic through our live, interactive online in-house offer please contact James Cuming on 07375 042 815 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- know about the requirements contained in the Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) relating to risk assessment and planning (standard C1.1 Assessment and Support Planning)
- understand the legal framework around risk management
- understand why risk assessment is an important tool in ensuring a safe working environment
- understand your responsibilities in relation to confidentiality and partnership working
- understand the implications of equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practise in relation to risk assessment.
- understand the meaning of key terms associated with risk, hazards, and control.
- know about the key skills and processes needed to implement a risk assessment and risk management process
- understand when, and how, appropriate and sustainable risks should be taken
- have practiced carrying out a client-focused risk assessment that is safe and not risk adverse
- have developed a personal action plan to help you get going after the course
Please note that this course will not address environmental or building hazards such as COSHH and electrical safety regulations.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered over three dates
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5 hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training
Members face to face: £940 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £940 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,335 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,335 - no Trainer expenses