Designed as a follow-up course to Trauma-informed: Theory and Principles, this course provides frontline workers with an evidence-based approach to working in a trauma-informed way.
The course builds on the theory and evidence with practical responses to working with people with complex needs who have been affected by trauma.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for teams that have attended the Trauma-informed: Theory & Principles course and wish to build their knowledge and skills with practical tools.
What will my team learn?
Through this course, your team will:
- Apply of Trauma-Informed Approaches to working cultures and consider what has been achieved so far and what challenges remain
- Develop their ‘Trauma-Informed toolkit’ with practical and impactful tools
- Explore key concepts from Trauma-Informed psychological models
- Learn how to use Validation and Distress Tolerance Techniques to respond to service users in crisis
- Understand team formulation as a response to complex needs
- Develop individually tailored goals and actions to embed practice effectively
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
The training will run online 09:30-16:00 and in-person 10:00-16:30, with plenty of breaks throughout the day.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit your situation, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.
Ready to take the next step?
I love Homeless Link and this training is another great asset, originally I did it in person and the online version was equally engaging.