This introductory course for frontline staff explores Complex Trauma and its impact on service users and introduces delegates to why a trauma-informed approach is vital when working with individuals with complex needs.
Who is this course for?
- Operational staff working with complex needs individuals
- Operational management and support staff with direct service user contact
The course will cover:
- Definitions and exploration of Complex Trauma
- Exploring how Complex Trauma impacts on people.
- Applying a safety and strengths-based approach to individual roles.
- Complex Trauma and the impact it can have on staff (vicarious trauma/empathy fatigue)
- What being trauma-informed looks like (key principles and definitions)
- Development of individually tailored goals and actions to embed the key theories and principles
This course must be attended prior to attending Trauma-informed: In Practice.
How will it be delivered?
This one-day course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for in-person training or up to 20 for online training.
The training will run online 09:30-16:00 and in-person 10:00-16:30, with plenty of breaks throughout the day.
If you need something different, we can tailor the course delivery to suit your situation, with some potential adjustments in cost.
How much will it cost?
Members (with 30% discount): £940
Please note, if you're opting for in-person training, the expenses of the trainer (e.g. travel to your location) will be added to your invoice.
We are a social enterprise so choosing training with us not only equips your team with vital skills but also fuels impactful research and campaigns, so every purchase goes back into ending homelessness.