Who is this course for?
- Operational staff working with complex needs individuals
- Operational management and support staff with direct service user contact
The course will cover:
- Definitions and exploration of Complex Trauma
- Exploring how Complex Trauma impacts on people.
- Applying a safety and strengths-based approach to individual roles.
- Complex Trauma and the impact it can have on staff (vicarious trauma/empathy fatigue)
- What being trauma-informed looks like (key principles and definitions)
- Development of individually tailored goals and actions to embed the key theories and principles
This course must be attended prior to attending Trauma-informed: In Practice.
Please note that, due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. It is essential that they are aware of the course content beforehand, to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
Face to face: One-day course
Online: Three 1.5 hour modules delivered in one day
We can be flexible on the above delivery model if needed, but an additional cost may be incurred.
Costs for one full-day face to face course or three 1.5-hour online modules
This course can be booked for a team of up to 16 for face to face training or up to 20 for online training:
Members face to face: £885 plus Trainer expenses
Members online: £885 - no Trainer expenses
Non-members face to face: £1,260 plus Trainer expenses
Non-members online: £1,260 - no Trainer expenses